Welcome back, guys! I trust you are well!
Today I am going to talk about how to grow a social media community on Instagram.
As you know, besides Facebook, twister, building an online community on Instagram becomes more popular and is a great way to engage with customers on social media which many businesses nowadays are doing. But once you have a foundation of the social media community, earning this is not an easy job because it is not just as simple as buying followers. It needs to be connected, supported and long-lasting. How to do this? Here are some tips!
- Be clear about who you are and what you are doing
Defining who you are and what you can bring to customers is the first thing you need to do on Instagram. It is just a short bio description but can summarise about you and what you offer customers when they follow you. Make sure that your feed should be on the brand when describing what you are doing so that your brand image and positioning is consistent.
- Be active to create interaction with customers
You are an owner of the community and they are your guests. Therefore, you should give them a warm atmosphere when joining your community to encourage them to be with you long. How to do this? Ask them questions and reply to their comments.
- Asking customers questions about their opinions and experience can allow the brand community livelier. Customers want to be asked so that they can share their ideas. They will feel more engaged and involved with the brand when they do that. Placing question in captions so that customers can easily leave their answer in comments. Or you can go Live Q&A to bring customers into the conversation.
- Reply to customers’ comments is another way to interact with them in the online community. Replying to them as much as you can not only allow customers to understand more about what you are doing but also help to show your respect for their contributions.
Example: Emilie is an Instagram star, photographer and world traveler from Australia. She always replies to her fans as much as she can to create a close connection and show her respect for them.
- You are not a robot
You should speak as you would be a friend and let them see your personality. You should not use standard responses because they are cold, lifeless and customers can feel bored. They do not want to talk with a robot as well as do not want to join a lifeless community.
- Recompense your community
Last but not least, rewarding your community by giving away something they want. It can be a discount voucher or some small gifts. It is a good way to show how you value their contribution and encourage them to keep joining actively in your community.
I have just shared some tips about building an online community around your brand. I hope it is helpful for you. If you have other tips, please feel free to leave them in your comments and we can discuss more. Thank you and have a good day!
Growing Your Social Media Audience. (2018). Retrieved from https://sproutsocial.com/insights/topics/social-media-audience/
Hughes, C. (2018). Retrieved from https://blog.iconosquare.com/creating-an-engaged-instagram-community/#disqus_thread
Patel, S. (2017). Retrieved from http://5 Steps to Building a Community Around Your Brand
Photo courtesy of Pexel
Photo courtesy of Instagram account: Hello Emilie